Jeremy is the lawyer you want to go to, to get something done
Jeremy is an experienced corporate and employee incentives lawyer who has successfully led practices in Big 4 firms and US and UK law firms. His clients range from start-ups to multinationals. Until recently, he was a partner at Reed Smith LLP.
Jeremy advises businesses on how to structure things so that they are not only compliant but also more effective and able to achieve their strategic aims. He is an extremely experienced corporate and employee benefits lawyer at the highest level but also has significant business experience and works with numerous companies to achieve investment and exits. He also has an MBA from Cass Business School.
Jeremy advises on incentive issues which range from high level boardroom pay issues through management equity participation to employee share plans. He also advises on joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, directors’ duties, M & A and investment agreements.
Jeremy has over 22 years’ experience working with many types of business. Jeremy’s practice includes the following types of work:
- Advising SMEs on their incentives and share structures, including growth shares, employee shareholder shares, Enterprise Management Incentive options, Company Share Option Plans, Share Incentive Plans and SAYE plans as well as bespoke arrangements.
- Advising on employee benefit trust arrangements including advising on historical liability issues.
- Negotiating with HMRC, the FCA and other regulators on incentive and benefit matters.
- Assisting in fund-raisings and advising private equity, venture capital, management and other stakeholders.
- Advising quoted companies on their share incentives and boardroom pay issues. This includes advising the Remuneration Committee on their obligations and helping to negotiate with institutional shareholders and brokers;
- Advising various foreign multinationals on their roll out of incentives and/or international assignments in the UK
- Advising UK multinationals on their expat assignments;
- Managing international rollouts of equity and employment arrangements and liaising with local experts around the world to provide cross-border advice;
- Advising companies on their transactions including takeovers, reconstructions, IPOs etc
- Advising on regulatory issues relating to remuneration including the Remuneration Code, Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and Solvency II.
He is a trustee of an UK/Indian charity RISE UK which provides educational support in the UK and India.
Jeremy works a lot in Malta and India and does lots of multi-jurisdictional work. In particular, Jeremy provides consultancy services and legal services for many Indian and Maltese companies in the UK.