Paul is a consultant in our commercial practice
Paul is an English-qualified solicitor with over 30 years’ experience in the legal profession. He assists governments, public bodies, multinational corporations, SMEs, lending institutions and emerging market companies in the United Kingdom and internationally on a broad range of corporate and commercial issues.
For much of his career Paul has focused on the energy, transport, building and infrastructure sectors. At Jurit these sectors are grouped under our “Built Environment” service area. Projects on which he has worked include commercial and residential property, schools, hospitals, hotels, roads, railways, seaports, airports, pipelines, power stations and petrochemical plants and have ranged in value from less than £100,000 to over £20 billion. Despite his background in major projects, Paul is happy applying his knowledge and experience to smaller corporate and commercial advisory mandates – preparing or reviewing simple contracts, legal research or advising small businesses on their day-to-day legal needs, for example. Paul recognises that these can be just as important to a client and will dedicate the time needed to do a good job.
Examples of transactions on which Paul has worked include:
- An infrastructure fund in connection with the development of a PPP parking project (incorporating a mixed-use commercial development and government accommodation) in the UAE.
- A GCC government authority on the development of a suite of over 30 contracts for construction, operation, maintenance and concessioning of public assets.
- Short listed bidders on the N4/N6 Kinnegad to Kilcock, the N25 Waterford Bypass and the concessionaire in connection with the Dundalk Western Bypass projects as part of the Irish Roads PPP Programme.
- The developer on bespoke EPC contract documentation including provision for decommissioning for the 194MW Lynn and Inner Dowsing offshore wind farm, U.K.
- Docklands Light Railway in connection with the award of a PFI/PPP concession to develop an extension of the light railway to Lewisham, U.K. and on the franchising of the railway.
- The contractor and equity investor for the development of the 330MW Pillaiperumalnallur (PPN) independent power project in Tamil Nadu, India.
- A unit loading device (ULD) service provider in the negotiation of a contract to provide ULD outsourcing services to airlines in Europe, the Middle East and South Asia.
Paul has lived and worked in London, Tokyo and Dubai (and for a short time in Singapore) with major international law firms and has advised clients on deals in over 35 jurisdictions. He has an extensive network of business and professional contacts. When he is not travelling on business he splits his time between London and Dorset.